Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 15-dq0953cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When laptop is put in sleep mode and physically turned vertical, the display changes to portrait/tablet mode.  When I open the laptop back up in normal screen position, Chrome and other windows have resized to tablet width.

Have turned off rotate via Windows Action Center (Windows Key-A).  Tablet mode is also turned to off.  Even with these set, turn tablet vertical and display turns to portrait mode.  I don't want it to change to portrait/tablet display ever.  How can I permanently turn this off?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ACBUser

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you want to disable screen rotation mode. I am here to help you with it.

To turn off auto-rotation using the Settings app, use these steps:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Display.
  3. Under the "Scale and layout" section, turn off the Rotation lock toggle switch.

If you don't see the option, your device doesn't support this feature.

After completing the steps, the screen won't rotate automatically as the device changes its orientation.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I went to this screen and "Rotation Lock" appears but is greyed out.  I can't make any changes.  It is toggled "On".

HP Recommended

If Rotation Lock is grayed out or missing on your device, sometimes you just need to rotate it to portrait mode. After rotating your device, rotation lock should be clickable again. If your device doesn’t switch to portrait mode automatically, you might have to switch manually by following these steps:

1. Open Settings App and go to System > Display.
  2. Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.

portrait-orientation

3. Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

Some users claim that problems with grayed out or missing Rotation Lock button can be fixed simply by switching to Tablet Mode.

If your device doesn’t switch automatically to Tablet Mode, you can do the following to access Tablet Mode manually:

1. Click the Action Center button in the Taskbar.
    action-center-button
  2. When Action Center opens, click the Tablet Mode.
    tablet-mode

You can also enter Tablet Mode using the Settings app:

1. Open Settings > System > Tablet Mode.
  2. Make sure that Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet is turned On.
  3. If you want, you can also change how your device will work when you automatically switch Tablet Mode on or off.

If none of that works, 

I would suggest performing system factory default will isolate the failure, If its a hardware related issue then the computer needs to service. 

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. Click here to Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7)

Click here to perform a System Recovery (Windows 10)

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.