Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Laptop - 14-dh2011nr
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello!

After years of use with no problem, this week my HP Pavilion stopped recognizing any pen input whatsoever. I regularly use one of two styluses (HP Pen and this off-brand HP Pen) and both have worked fine the entire time I've used them. My HP Pen stopped working at first, and switching over to the off-brand worked just fine... for about three days. Then suddenly, boom, no detection whatsoever on either. I do digital art, and the connectivity isn't working both in and out of my drawing programs. I find it unlikely that both pens just stopped working altogether within a few days of each other, so I'm afraid it may be a problem with my laptop. 

My touchscreen still works fine - it's just not detecting the pens. The styluses I use have no bluetooth connectivity and no software (apart from a program that lets you customize what the two buttons do) and, unfortunately, most solutions I've come across requires one of the two. 

A quick list of everything I've tried so far...

• Replaced batteries in both pens
  • Restarted by laptop several times
  • Attempted to download both HP Pen Driver and HP Tilt Pen Driver - unable to download either from HP Website
  • Updated my Windows 11
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled all keyboard drivers
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled all touchscreen drivers
  • Uninstalled recently added software (Adobe Animate 2022 - the problems happened after this installation)
  • Ran HP System Extensive Test (Everything passed, PASS ID: 21998-23112-53854)

Please let me know if you have a solution. Thank you so much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.