Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-ce3051tx
Microsoft Windows 11

I’m having an issue where when I move my mouse cursor around, my display/screen starts to flicker erratically. This issue normally occurs when my laptop turn on/wake up from Sleep and/or Hibernation mode. To fix this, it is required me to fully shut down and turn back on again since Restart doesn’t work either. I already tried several methods including “Fresh Install”, “Windows Hard Reset with erase all options”, Restoring BIOS to default settings and check for display drivers update from both HP Support Assistant and Windows Update. At this point I’ve met a dead end to this issue…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, although my bios are on the latest version. I found some answer online where there is issue between intel graphics driver on hp laptop mostly. They suggest me to install the latest intel graphics driver version and right now, I’m experimenting with it. For the time being, there is no such issue after the driver update when laptop ia being put to hibernate. Could this be the issue all along? Has anyone experiencing  this as well?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Aiman_Alexander,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the screen flickers when you wake up the computer. I'd like to help!

I recommend you update the BIOS from the link and check if it helps. Click here

Just to clarify, did you check if the issue persists in BIOS? if not I recommend checking if the screen flickers on the BIOS screen.

If the issue persists, then it could be a hardware issue. Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, for further instructions.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, although my bios are on the latest version. I found some answer online where there is issue between intel graphics driver on hp laptop mostly. They suggest me to install the latest intel graphics driver version and right now, I’m experimenting with it. For the time being, there is no such issue after the driver update when laptop ia being put to hibernate. Could this be the issue all along? Has anyone experiencing  this as well?

HP Recommended

Hi @Aiman_Alexander,

You're welcome. It's great to know that you found solution and now it's working okay. Do keep us posted if anything for assistance.

Have a great day. 

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.