Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 g7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there, 

the keyboard key popped off, and I can't properly re-attach it back. Every time I put it back in, it keeps popping off. Apparently it's not properly attached. I've seen couple of videos, but non of them describe my actual situation, because in my case, the hinger or clipper is actually ON the button, not on the keyboard. Literally all I can do is put it back, and it feels like it's properly re-attached, but then when I press it on the top, the back keeps popping off. 

Here's a pic: 

20211106_220644.jpg

Again, I noticed it only pops off when I press it on the upper left corner, then the bottom of the key pops off. How do I fix this? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are small hooks that should keep it in place. From the picture, I can not really see if these hooks are still "good".

If one of the hooks is bent you could probably bend it back into place. If is missing, you might need to replace the keyboard .

iomare_0-1636288855642.png

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

How should the hooks look like? The bottom two hooks looks "okay". They're straight up, maybe slightly bended. Do they have to be pointing up? Do they have to be bended to keep the button? How would I bend them? If I bend them, I can't re-attach the button. If they have to be bended to keep the button in place, how do I bend them and re-attach back the button? By the way, I meant to say upper RIGHT corner, not left. It's only when I press the upper-right corner of the button that the bottoms pops up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.