Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Probook 440 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having some weird graphics problems on my ProBook 440 G6 with Intel UHD Graphics 620.  Some apps such as the Microsoft Office apps run just fine without any issues.  Some apps such as Microsoft Edge and the Start Menu display what looks like an X over buttons, images, and form fields.  Some apps such as Chrome and VS Code display very little at all and are completely unusable right now.  The problem started when I first booted up at work today.  I noticed Windows Update updated the display driver this morning so hopefully it's just a bad driver issue and is completely fixable.  Anyone else out there having similar issues with the most recent display driver?  I've attached pictures to better illustrate what I'm talking about. 

Windows SearchWindows SearchMicrosoft EdgeMicrosoft EdgeGoogle ChromeGoogle ChromeVisual Studio CodeVisual Studio Code

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, rolling back the driver through the Device Manager fixed the issue.  I probably should have tried that on my own first but I guess that's what happens when I don't have my morning coffee.  Anyhow, I'm still curious to know if other people have experienced the issue with the latest drivers for the Intel UHD Graphics 620?  Even though rolling back the driver fixed my issue, it doesn't mean there isn't still something wrong with my graphics device and I want to be sure while I'm still under warranty.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Ok, rolling back the driver through the Device Manager fixed the issue.  I probably should have tried that on my own first but I guess that's what happens when I don't have my morning coffee.  Anyhow, I'm still curious to know if other people have experienced the issue with the latest drivers for the Intel UHD Graphics 620?  Even though rolling back the driver fixed my issue, it doesn't mean there isn't still something wrong with my graphics device and I want to be sure while I'm still under warranty.

HP Recommended

+1. Just had to roll back as well. The current driver was working fine but I suspect a Windows 10 update took care of that! Looking on the Intel site, there's a uhd 620 driver there dated 9/25/19 but we need to use the driver from HP. The latest one they have is from March 2019. I would suspect HP will have an updated driver soon.

HP Recommended

OMG. I also faced same issue :((

HP Recommended

We have the chrome issue (black) and PowerPoint has lines through it.  Were you able to still project via hdmi to a projector with the previous graphics driver?  We disabled the driver and it fixed the issue but made projecting from the PC not available. 

HP Recommended

You don't want to disable the driver outright.  Open "Device Manager" -> Expand "Display adapters" -> Right click "Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620" -> click "Properties" -> click "Driver" tab -> click "Roll Back Driver" button.  You may have to re-enable the device for it to work.  When I did the driver roll back on my machine, everything went back to functioning normally again.  I don't have a projector where I am but I just tested my HDMI port on a monitor and it's outputting just fine.  Hope you're able to get it working again.  

HP Recommended

Hello,

I work for HP within the Elite support department as well as carepack services. I had assisted a customer today with this same exact issue and was able to resolve with the following.

We had determined that windows updates was pushing the Intel Graphics driver to version 26.20.100.7157 which is not an approved driver by HP. I had the customer rollback the  driver in device manager to prevent windows from reapplying that update. We then installed the Intel graphics driver from HP support website for HP Probook 440 G6. The Version on HP website will say 100.6519 Rev.W, however the actual driver version when you install should present the following in device manager. 25.20.100.6519 with a date for 1/9/19. We verified on two units that this resolved the issue. 

HP Recommended

Yes, rolling back works and allows for hdmi projection as well.  Thank you for your reply and assistance.

HP Recommended

Rolling back helped solve the windows update issue.  Graphics projecting and chome and PPT returned to normal when using on G6.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same issues since last windows 10 update with my graphic card. Launched device manager as administrator but a roll back was not possible. The rollback button was greyed out.

My driver shows 25.21.14.2525 which is one of the drivers offered on the official HP support site for this device.

Where can I get the right driver?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.