Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
158P3EA#UUW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using a HP Rechargeable MPP 2.0 Tilt Pen that came with the product, HP Envy x360 Laptop 15-ee0013no.

The Pen is fully charged (white light, not blinking)

The pen was working fine until today, but now the cursor only tracks the pen - the pen cannot click the screen or offer any input (like drawing).

Touch inputs work.

I have tried reinstalling the pen HID drivers but no change.

I´ve tried rebooting, but no change.

, regards.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Teft .

You can follow the instructions in the links below to solve the problem:

HP PCs - Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working

HP PCs - Troubleshooting touch screen issues in Windows 10

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Hey GOLD_MASTER, but I´ve already followed the linked troubleshooting options and they do not contain the solution to the problem (I´ve tried the included reinstallation of the device manager HID drivers for touch/pen).

HP Recommended

Maybe I'm making a mistake but apparently the stylus that came included with your computer is not compatible with it, but the following:
Zenvo pen in nightfall black finish with cable L95615-001
Sunwoda stylus active pen in dark ash finish 920241-001

At this time I have no way of verifying that the stylus was actually included with your device, however, if this was real/true, you can do the following:

Do you have updated bios and graphics driver?
This is the bios update: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp134001-134500/sp134239.exe

Updating the bios improves performance, resolves specific problems, adds security patches and may be that the current BIOS is not compatible with a hardware component or a Windows update.

1. Download the file by clicking on the link I provided and save the file in a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: When updating the bios, do not turn off the computer, do not suspend and in the case of laptops do not put the lid down, and keep your computer plugged directly into a power outlet.

If you already have the updated graphics driver, try reinstalling it, but first you have to download the driver from the following link:
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp113001-113500/sp113391.exe

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

According to HP Support Assistant the BIOS is up to date.

Seems a bit odd that a HP Pen that supports other 360 Envy Laptops, is featured together with the laptop on the HP site and has worked so far with the computer would not be supported, but 3rd party pens would be?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.