Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-ch000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When is hp going to update the AMD Radeon RX VEGA M drivers that can be installed on HP Spectre x360? The latest version on the site is 23.20.792.1280 Rev.A and was last updated Feb 13, 2018. The latest drivers on intel's website is 25.20.15002.58 and was last updated on 01/10/2019. The drivers on intel's website will not install because hp for some reason needs to make alterations in order to work on the spectre.

I have seen several similar threads and no one from hp can seem to provide any sort of update on if/when the drivers will be updated. It has been well over a year since the drivers have been last updated and for the price of this premium laptop it is ridiculous. Every boot, the amd software alerts that there is an update to the drivers but we cannot actually install them and everytime I load a game I get a warning about the drivers being out of date.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@bgonzales

Welcome to HP Support Community

I suggest you install the AMD Auto Detect Tool and it will automatically search for the latest Graphics driver

Please refer to this Link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-131

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi 

The AMD auto detect tool points you right back to the Intel site as the graphics are onboard the chip - (Thought HP would be aware of this) It's the 8705G chip in the X360's we are trying to upgrade. Intel have the latest driver but it's an .exe file which will not install as it says to ask HP for the driver. So HP can you assist or advise please? I have managed to update manually th Intel 630 drivers but's it the Radeon RX Vega drivers we are after.

Thanks

@KrazyToad wrote:

@bgonzales

Welcome to HP Support Community

I suggest you install the AMD Auto Detect Tool and it will automatically search for the latest Graphics driver

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have installed the updated driver.

Go here;

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28432/Radeon-RX-Vega-M-Graphics?product=136865

Download the driver.

Go into where you downloaded it and run it as admin.

Success.

HP Recommended

I upgraded to Intel HD 630 ver: 26.20.100.6912 (5/28/2019) and Radeon RX Vega M ver 25.20.15008.2 (12/25/2018) and works great!  In 4 steps.

MUST DO FIRST: Update the BIOS to the latest version F.31A May 22,2019 release

Step 1: Update the Win 10 Operating System to Build 1903 (May 2019 release and do all the updates)

Step 2: Make sure you have the Intel display adapter driver installed that HP provides (dated March 2019).  This must come from the HP website because HP makes its own modifications to these drivers.    Restart.

Step 3: Goto Device Manager and update the Intel adapter driver from there that should bring you to driver 26.20.100.6912 (5/28/2019).

Step 4: Once you finish Step 3 go to the Intel Graphics Command Center App (app should automatically install in Step 3) the app will guide you through the AMD Radeon upgrade that is suitable for your machine.

Now you have the original manufacturer driver settings and DCH drivers, which means every time you update the driver from Intel you will still maintain HP's laptop specific settings.

My HP Spectre Vega never worked as well as it does now,  and it is finally stable with no BSOD.  It took 1 year since my purchase with too many frustrations in between but finally the software caught up with the hardware.    

HP Recommended

Hi there,

followed the link, downloaded the executable and ran it. The installation process stopped with an error, the the drivers are incompatible with my machine and I need to contact the manufacturer.

You think I might have done something wrong?

I downloaded the igfx_win10_100.6890.exe file, my Windows 10 v. is 1903 (build 18362.175)

HP Recommended

Did you upgrade the BIOS to version F.31? The BIOS update is crucial.

I have the exact same windows build Windows v. 10 18362.175 and I used the same Intel link.

HP Recommended

/SOLVED [LAST POST UPDATE]- Alternative Solution: Both drivers up to date (25.20.15008.2 + 26.20.100.6890). Still the Intell Driver Assistant says that *both* drivers are manufacturer and not *stock* but somehow they got updated to the latest version.

I'm not saying that the solution above won't work, it just didn't work for me. So what I did is as follows:

1. BIOS update to F31. I think this is a must because the following steps I did in the past as well, without result. So I guess this BIOS update is still a MUST

2. Uninstall all AMD Radeon software, Intel Graphics related software, Intell Driver Assistant software.

3. Uninstall from device manager ALL display drivers (both HD Graphics and Vega M)

4. Restart

5. Let Windows install some generic drivers. It will basically get your drivers to some older versions.

6. Go to device manager and manually update the drivers. 1st for the HD graphics, then for Vega M. (right click on the adapters, update driver)

7. Surprise surprise. Windows somehow got the latest versions for BOTH drivers + installed the AMD graphics software.

8. I then went on and installed the Intel Command Center.

That's it. I have now the latest drivers and software. The solution suggested above worked for me up until opening the Command Center. Unfortunately it was not recognizing any of the drivers (the page was empty).

So now you guys have 2 solutions. Enjoy.

P.S. HP, I still won't buy another product. This is still unacceptable, all those things should be solved, on a premium product, automatically by YOU, not by the community.

/END SOLVED

/outdated answer

nope, have F25. So I guess there's a BIOS update from HP that my HP assistant obviously missed, right?

need to download it manually and install, right? 🙂

Thank you in advance.

/comes back with the fury of 1000 Sagitarius*A ready to unleash on HP!!!

:No dice 😞still won't install.

/Fixed. I had the Intel DSA installed. After uninstalling it (as well as the Intel graphics driver) I was able to install the new drivers. I have not yet managed to update the VegaM drivers but will probably be able to.

Thank you sir, you should get the HP support team's salary for 1 year. You did their job after all.

HP Recommended

I haven't been able to install the Intel DCH drivers that you linked to and get the following error trying to install:

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

Setup will exit.

Would you like more information?
Click Yes to be directed to the Intel support website."

After clicking 'Yes', the intel support website states: "Error Message: Computer Manufacturer Graphics Driver Detected".

I'm currently running Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362, updated the BIOS to the latest version (F.31 Rev.A), and uninstalled all intel/amd software and display drivers and re-installed the old AMD Radeon RX VEGA M drivers from HP (23.20.792.1280 Rev.A Feb 13, 2018) before attempting to install the Intel DCH drivers multiple times with no success.

Although, I was able to install the latest Radeon RX Vega M drivers (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28432/Radeon-RX-Vega-M-Graphics?product=136865) that @imbrock noted.

Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

I would recommend the following since you have updated the BIOS and are running the latest version of Windows.

Step 1: Goto Device Manager and Uninstall the Radeon Driver and ensure you are ONLY running with the Old Intel Driver (Dated: Feb 13, 2018

Step 2: (Optional) You will probably want to restart to make sure that the changes took place

Step 3: Go back to Device Manager and do via the Device Manager an Intel Driver update (HP allowed an interim update to this driver dated Nov 2018 via Windows) and restart

Step 4: Try installing the Intel DCH drivers now

Step 5: Install the Radeon driver via the Intel app

After the Intel November 2018 update, I was able to do the DCH driver update.

I hope this helps.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.