Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 – 15-ch005ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Community, 

I noticed that the latest driver version for the Radeon Vega card is much newer on the Intel website than on the HP site.

HP Site: Driver Version 23.20.792.1280 Rev.A from 13.Feb.2018

Intel: Driver Version 18.10.2 from 8.Nov. 2018 Beta, Driver Version 18.6.1 from 13.Jun.2018.

I was trying to have installed the Vega driver from the Intel website, but ended up in blue screens or driver not assigned (Code 52). So, I am back to the latest driver provided by HP website (Driver Version 23.20.792.1280 Rev.A).

Is it really the case, that we have to use the drivers provided by HP and not directly from the component supplier (in this case Intel)? The Intel processor, HD 630 and Radeon Vega is one chip / device, isn't it? No hardware change by HP, but why must then the driver provided by HP (if this is the case)?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey there! @AndreasL, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you see the latest driver on Intel website than on HP website for your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your laptop?

I understand your concern and situation. As the drivers on the intel website need to be tested and tried on HP notebooks, So the drivers are still not available on the HP website.

Wait until there's a new version of drivers are left from HP.

You can try installing the drivers using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant. Click Here

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot,

Thank you for your reply. No, I haven't made any changes on my Laptop. And yes, I am waiting for updates by HP, this takes however very long. There are already many newer versions on the Intel website.

I must also say that the HP support assistant is not showing every update. Just yesterday I updated the Bios and Firmware manually as it wasn't picked up by the HP S A.

However, my questions wasn't answered with your post. I know as much as before, frankly speaking.

HP Recommended

@AndreasL

Thanks for the input.

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service. 

I cannot speculate when exactly the updates will be released by HP. However, you should be notified with all the updates.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Any update on when such updated drivers might be available? Existing drivers are 1 year old - and manufacter's drivers have signficantly changed with bug and feature enhancements. 

Per the poster's original question, can manufacter's drivers be used over the outdated HP ones? If so - how?

HP Recommended

@exspell

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is getting ridiculous.

HP is using Intel graphics version 17.40.

I get daily pop-ups from the Intel Radeon RX Vega M settings application telling me I need to update.

Current version is now at 19.4.1.

So I paid top dollar for a machine that won't receive updates? And I see now that HP has discontinued using the Vega chipset. Does this mean HP has abandoned us and doesn't care about the thousands we spent on these machines?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.