Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: HP Spectre X360 15t df000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own an HP Spectre X360 15t df000 with 2x Thunderbolt 3 ports.

I also own a Baseus Thunderbolt 3 dock/hub like the one available at the following link -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000102624965.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5af168c7h0InYG&algo_pv...

I had been using this dock since a few months and it worked great.

I connect a mouse, keyboard, LAN and display to the dock and everything used to work fine.

But one day suddenly my system stopped detecting the display connected to the dock.

I have checked the dock and it works fine. I connected the same dock with the same display and the same HDMI cable to a different machine and it still works. I connected the same display to my laptop directly with the same HDMI cable on the HDMI port of the laptop and it works correctly. I connected 2 other Thunderbolt docks (not exactly a dock but one with HDMI, USB A and Power Delivery input, and another with VGA instead of HDMI) and they both work with my system.

I also held the power button for 30 sec to restart the system and reset the thunderbolt ports - a suggestion I read some time ago in some thread probably here on HP support forums.

I have tried to USB DeView all USB things in my system.

I HAVE COMPLETELY RESET MY WINDOWS 10 AS WELL - through the windows 10 reset this PC option, also clearing all my personal files.

But it still does not work!

I am unable to understand why my system is not connecting to the display!

The system works, the display works, the dock works, the system works with the display directly connected, the display works with the dock on another system, BUT they don't work together on my system!

And I know they should work because they USED TO WORK!

I have done EVERYTHING I could think of! Tried all possible combinations of things! I have wasted DAYS on trying to figure this out! But I can't figure this out.

If anyone could assist me in solving this problem I'd greatly appreciate it!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The same here. I even opened case with HP, but no reply after week. 

The problem I have is - I returned to office after a month or so. Connexcted the dock that I used a year before everyday but no luck. 

I tried to connect it to a computer of my colleague who is using Ubuntu and the screen worked, but not on my laptop (15" Spectre x360). I did update of every driver I could find, I did install new firmware, even did this: 

In PowerShell Admin mode ( I guess it works even with CMD promt)
Cd C:\swsetup\sp95855\Firmware\Intel
Executed ThunderboltUpdateerDevice.exe
Disconnected Hook dock
Restarted 1050 G1
Reconnected Hook
Cd C:\swsetup\sp95855\Firmware\Cypress\Dependency
Executed System_Update.bat
I then executed Cd C:\swsetup\sp95855\HPFirmwareInstaller.exe

Then tried newer package (SP101240) and did the same. Nothing. The dock updates everything, but once I run the updater again (because the screens don´t work still) it still says that the DisplayPort Hub driver version is 0.0.0.0 - I run update, it installs the driver and... nothing. If I run it again, it again shows the 0.0.0.0 version. 

HP Recommended

I am still unable to find a solution.

I request you to share an update here if you do find a solution, it would be really appreciated!

HP Recommended

So, in the end I managed to fix this. 

1) download latest nVidia drivers from nvidia website - the ones on HP website are outdated. 

2) follow the steps specified in other threads: 

• start PowerShell / CMD in Admin mode
  • Cd C:\swsetup\sp95855\Firmware\Intel (or other SP number if newer FW is downloaded)
  • Execut ThunderboltUpdateerDevice.exe
  • Disconnect dock
  • Restart computer
  • Reconnect Hook
  • Cd C:\swsetup\sp95855\Firmware\Cypress\Dependency  (or other SP number if newer FW is downloaded)
  • Execut System_Update.bat
  • Execute Cd C:\swsetup\sp95855\HPFirmwareInstaller.exe  (or other SP number if newer FW is downloaded)

The FW updater utility will show you that the new updated version. If you run it again it will again show installed version instead of not found - and the dock started to work. I´m an IT engineer and it took me two weeks to make this owrk - please HP, get your **bleep** together and update the divers for Win 10 2004 - this is highly frustrating. What I found is that the drivers for Display Port Hub were not working and these get update by the nVidia driver. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.