Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 15-eb1 x360 Convertible Laptop PC IDS Base Model

Just got a HP USB C Dock G5 and connected it via the Thunderbolt connection to my HP Spectre laptop (using Windows 11).  Connected up LAN, Speakers Mouse, and Keyboard. All that works.  However when I try to connect my Dell Monitor P2415Q,  the laptop will only see it as a HDMI device which is a mirroring of the laptop display, not an additional display.  It will not recognize the DP Connections of either the DP to DP or DP to mDP (Dell connection).  The monitor also states that nothing is connected with either of those cables. The display is 5 years old.  Do I need to get a new display?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jeromed1 

1. HDMI - You can use HDMI to HDMI and you have to set them up as extended monitors otherwise they will work ad duplicated

2. Monitor has normal DP 1.2 port, you can use one DP port on the dock to connect to DP port on the monitor (not mini cable). Again you have to set them up as extended

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It doesn't detect another display when asked to do so:

jeromed1_0-1702311325072.png

However the HDR option, when the laptop is open, shows two options:

jeromed1_1-1702311411112.png

However it does change the resolution, which is what I was after, when I close the laptop.  So I can live with this for now.  Just disappointing not being able to have dual displays. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.