Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My machine is out of warranty and I cannot seem to find a way to reactivate the USB-C Ports

I have tried 
 * re-installing the chipset and updating the BIOS

* holding Power and Windows + B Key for over 5 Seconds

* Using Windows Device Management, Scan for Hardware changes

Nothing seems to want to tell the ports that they exist on the laptop or even what Drive I should see to tell if its Windows or Hardware.  I can connect nothing to my machine and I am stuck with not being able to reach or get support even if paid to fix as the website takes you in a dead end out of warranty.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @lotushope 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing USB-C port-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

Let us try these steps:

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, check for any pending windows updates. Reboot the computer. 

Right-click on each USB "hub" in the device manager. You may want to try uninstalling each device from the device manager, reboot, and let the driver reload.

If the issue persists, run a test on the USB ports:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform Component Test > USB. Share the result on your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi, been away from the pc for a few days working through each of the steps and will respond with the results later.  Thanks for the suggestions

HP Recommended

Hi , Have run the diagnostics and this is what I get for the 

thunderbolt test

Thunderbolt Test : FAILED
FAILURE ID 6BWKL3-8LPB5Q-MFPUQJ-8GTA03

PRODUCT ID : Z6L08EA#ABU

What can I do next

HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.