Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13t-QHD256
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upon opening the notebook on my desk, a series of cracks surfaced on the upper-left bezel of the screen, and extended across the screen. I keep my notebook for the most part on my desk, and when I travel, I put in the HP leather case, and in a well-paded bag. I've owned this notebook since August last year, and it has performed excellently besides the occaisonal loud fan noise and overheat. 

I talked with a helpful HP Customer Support Rep, and I was told that if I were to send in my notebook, and screen damage will be presumed inflicted by the customer. I have also been in contact with the HP Executive board, but their reply did not grant me any help. I would like to know if I can send in my notebook for a proper examination, or if I can speak with a case manager on this issue. I really do not want to file a complaint to the BBB, but I feel that will be necessary if the material defect is to be assumed a damage on my part.

Thank you in advance.

I will include pictures of my display, as well as pictures of the siding to prove the lack of physical/blunt damage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@natethegraet

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
​​​​​​​
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@natethegraet

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
​​​​​​​

HP Recommended
I have exactly the same problem as the above poster and would appreciate a similar resolution
HP Recommended

Hi @fylesa,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I also have a cracked screen, and was wondering if you could put me in contact with the correct support staff to resolve issue. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@claire1997

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My son purchased an HP Spectre X360 in September 2016 for college.  He called me one day panicing because his screen was cracked and he did not know how or why it had happened.  He is now home for the summer and I am trying to get is fixed.  While searching for a contact phone number for service to discuss our options, I came across 100+ messages (plus the above messag) regarding cracked screens on this model of computer.  It seems to me that there is a problem / manufature/material defect.  What is HP doing to correct this?  Have any of the previous posts been resolved by HP?

HP Recommended

Hi @florela,

Thank you for your reply, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I received a call from a case manager, btu i was unable to answer the phone a the time.  I left a voicemail when I was able return a call.  I also received an email and responded to that.  I have tried calling and emialing the case manager mulitple times and cannot get in touch with her or a live person to assist me. 

Are you familiar with Site Code 52, Extension # 7715532?  Do you know how I can reach my case manager or another case manager?

I am not very happy with the service I am currently receiving.  

HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue and being a student i am worried how did this happen even after buying such an expensive laptop.

My laptop is working completely fine but with a cracked screen. 

It would be of a great help if HP would get my issue resolved.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.