Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

The pen you recommend is the pen I purchased.

HP Recommended

@edwright

Thank you for posting back.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Edwright

If you can, please respond back with your solution (if there is any) because I'm hesitant on paying $80 for a tilt pen that may or may not work my my laptop.

So far, only the Wacom Bamboo ink (silver) with a soft nib works. Everything else, including the HP pen, did not work as it should with my machine. And I fear the HP tilt pen may or may not be any better.

Freelance artist and ferret farmer of furious funny ferrets!
HP Recommended

@Ferretcookies77

Have you tried these steps yet? 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have read the information in the link you provided. I obviously have an active stylus. It works fine except the features which distinguish the tilt pen from the standard HP pen which came with my Spectre.  Nothing in the link provided address tilt pen features.

HP Recommended

I have tried the driver you have linked to. It does not solve the issue.  According to the support page for my model, the correct driver is sp98826.exe. That will not install on my computer because I have windows 10 version 1909. That driver is intended for Windows 10 version 1903.

HP Recommended

@edwright

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you perform a system reset and check for the issue.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Ferretcookies77,  I was able to get the tilt features working.  I'm not sure what the solution is but I believe there was an issue with the blue tooth driver.  I removed the pen, I was planning to return it.  Seemingly unrelated, I was having an issue pairing and connecting my air pods.  I removed the blue tooth driver and let it re-install.  That solved my air pods issue.  I subsequently re-paired the tilt pen and it went through the
"setting up device" phase, which it hadn't done before.  After that, tilt featured are working.  I used a tilt-enabled pen in Photoshop to verify it.

HP Recommended

@edwright 

Thank you for the update.

In the future, if you have any concerns. Please get back to us.

We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@Edwright

Thank you for the solution! I'll try it out soon as I can.

I REALLY didn't want to do a system restore *yet again* to get something to work. 

Thanks again 👍

Freelance artist and ferret farmer of furious funny ferrets!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.