Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-bw0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I've had this laptop for a few years, but I've never used the camera before. Now I'm working from home I'm relying on it for Zoom meetings and similar. The quality of image I'm getting is really bad. There is no difference between my 720p setting and my 360p setting. It's like the video quality I got on my old Nokia.

The driver is dated from 2006, but the computer says it's up to date. I've read through a few threads on here about drivers, but everybody seems to have different issues.

Can anybody help?low reslow res

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DomGriffiths We can go to the webcam settings in Windows 10 from the webcam or camera app as well.

1. You will need to open the camera or webcam app, go with your mouse to the lower right corner of the screen and click (left click) on Settings. After you are in the Settings menu we need to click (left click) on Options.
  2. From the Options menu you have in front of the screen you can adjust the settings of the webcam according to your needs. Some of the available settings you might have there are the Show or hide grid lines, Turn the microphone on or off”, and “Turn video stabilization on or off”.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.