Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The webcam constantly shows blue, purple and sometimes green bars across the screen, often obscuring the image and changing colors rapidly. It does stop sometimes but after a minute or so they come back. This is the first time I use this Laptop webcam and the problem presented itself after aproximately 40 minutes of proper functioning. I was hoping it was a driver issue, but they are up to date already. Also tested the camera with other programs, getting the same results.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bigbadbackstab That explains a lot, seems like a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bigbadbackstab To resolve the issue, take the following actions:

• Make sure your video recording environment has good lighting.

• Change the image quality, brightness, contrast, and other adjustments in the webcam software.

To resolve problems with choppy playback, take the following actions:

• Reduce the size of the video image in the webcam software.

• Use a high-speed Internet connection.

• Do not use other high-speed USB devices while using the webcam.

To troubleshoot other video quality problems, refer to one of the following HP support documents:

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the problem occurs regadless of illumination. Maybe the extent of the problem isn't quite understood I'm attaching an image from my camKINGUCURIMSON.png

HP Recommended

@Bigbadbackstab That explains a lot, seems like a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.