Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP elite x2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP elite x2 1012 G1 touchscreen nor stylus pen NOT WORKING!!!

Fresh install from HP Cloud USB (I guess old 17xx win10)
updated to 1909, BIOS updated to N85 1.48 (latest)
Drivers installed from HP Cloud provided drivers disk,
Drivers for Wacom tested - both, 2017 and 2020 from website and the one from Wacom HP page directly - NONE WORKING, I´getting in system info:
NO PEN OR TOUCH IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS DISPLAY 

wacomfail-sys.jpg

and in Device Manager Wacom device attention marked and 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)
STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR

driver Wacom Technology, 7.6.2.40, 17/01/2020
as well as with any other driver mentioned!

wacomfail.jpg

wacomfail-driver.jpg
Obviously - HP Pen settings app says>
This app requires the Wacom Pen driver to be installed, please got to Wacom....

As the Wacom device present and reappears after removal in Device Manager, I assume hardware is working.
Is there a way to troubleshoot/further test it?
I can see a lot of similar requests BUT NONE ANSWERED!!!

HP - **bleep**???
I'm about to get Elite x2 g3 but seems I will go to Dell Latitude or Microsoft Surface instead if this is the case with support on HP! The only thing I need here is a pen!!! The hardware design from HP is amazing, but software support seems to be last millennium, even for business products! 

Hope HP can solve it and keep my trust in it! (not to mention others w similar problem)
Best!
**bleep** **bleep** **bleep** LOL
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@pixelman 

I think I might not understand what is wrong or even which computer for which you need information.

Forgive my confusion.

The pen for the HP Elite x2 1012 G1 system is:

HP Active Pen with App Launch
T4Z24AA 
846410-001

Is this the pen to which you are referring?

If the touchscreen does  not work - that is a different issue.  And yes, if the touchscreen is not working, then a stylus, even the correct device, probably won't help the touchscreen.

There are almost 600 different models in this series.

Which computer is yours?

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

Please do NOT post the serial number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The pen for the HP Elite x2 1013 G3 is

HP Rechargeable Active Pen G3 - Product 6SG43UT

??

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hey!
PN: N4E64AV
Hope it helps ,)
SSD was replaced with 500GB Crucial MX500 so fresh win10 installation (first v 17xx from HP cloud restore, then v2004 from microsoft )
After reinstalling win10 v2004 and following advise of HP support to use HP SoftPaq to install drivers - result is exactly the same:
1. System says "No pen or touch... for this display" (see pic in initial post plz)
2. Device manager gives an error "Cannot Start ...(code 10)" on Wacom Device - whatever driver I do install. (see pic in initial post plz)
As a result touch and pen are not working. 
I did rechecked and installed drivers for Intel Sensory Hub and chipset etc.
I did updated all possible firm wares and BIOS to the latest. 
So the question are remain the same: How to make touch working & how to make Wacom Device start so I can continue with the pen? (I assume Wacom Device is the same touchscreen controller or it is only used for AES/pen?)

Any help apriciated!
Thanx in advance - looking forward to hear from you!
Andy,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.