Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone!

Having an issue with detecting the ViewSonic monitor.

The notebook has DisplayPort and the monitor - VGA port.

Everything works fine when I am connecting it to another HP monitor, though. The notebook sees it immediately. With ViewSonic - black screen with "No signal". The monitor functions well when turned on while connected via DVI port to the stationary computer.

I have tried, it seems, everything...

I have uninstalled/reinstalled/updated Display Adapter (I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 620).

I have deleted all visible shadow monitors (had a few).

I have tried to detect the monitor manually (it says it can't detect any).

I have tried to extend projection (by clicking Windows+P).

Nothing helps. And I do not even understand where the problem is, I can't understand which one is not functioning properly. 

And everything works absolutely fine with another one (but, unfortunately, I do not recall which port it has, I have it in my office).

I hope you can help me out! I do not know where to look! 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DariaV wrote:

... The notebook has DisplayPort and the monitor - VGA port. 

@DariaV 

From Display Port (digital) to VGA (analog) you need a converter. How do you connect them ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I bought the DisplayPort to VGA adapter, it fits fine.

Do I need to have anything else?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.