Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion X360

hey HP community. 

I have had my hp pavilion X360 since early 2022 however about four months ago my touchpad (the built-in touchpad- not the wireless one as I have seen in many other forums) stopped working. at first, it was intermittent and would only stop working when the battery was low - to remedy this I would charge it up and restart, however, this only worked for about a month and after that, the touchpad would work whenever it wanted. in the device manager the driver labelled "I2C HID device" has a yellow warning symbol next to it so I have assumed this is the problem, other forums have recommended that I shift my focus to a driver called synaptic something, however, this driver doesn't exist in the mouse settings and I am unsure if this is just my laptop or the root of the problem. I have tried many things including restarting the driver, deleting the diver and allowing my laptop to generate it itself and frantically touching the corner of the touchpad to turn it on about a million times to no avail. my next step is to back up my laptop and do a factory reset although I'm a little worried this will have no effect. I am currently running Windows 11 22h2. i am quite worried about my laptop as i really need it as i have my hsc trial exams in less than two weeks and i can't go without a laptop during that time. if anyone can help that would be amazing. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.