Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion x360 convertable 14-cd0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI I have recently bought an HP Pavillion x360 and advised by the virtual assistant i should get the original HP pen not the tilt pen which was fine with me as that was the cheaper option of the two and i have recieved the pen today and it just doesnt work i have no clue why, the touchscreen still works on the laptop and the laptop doesnt register anything about the pen. I am a little frustrated now as i have tried everything i can, it came with a battery so im sure its not a battery issue as amazon wouldnt give out dead batteries. but i am stumped.

Specs: Pavillion x360 convertable 14-cd0xxx

intel i3 gen 8

windows 10 64 bit

8gb ram

128gb ssd

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hgowhte 

Two Pens for this model

Accessories

1MR94AA

910942-001

HP Pen

Accessories

2MY21AA

929863-001

HP Tilt Pen

HP Pen Control Application

Batteries

Unless Amazon opened the box, and stuck fresh batteries in the box with the pen, there is no way for Amazon to know (or control) whether the batteries are good.  

What else?

Documentc05426255: HP Pen - Stylus Not Working, Battery Rattles Inside the Pen

Stylus:  HP Pen (1MR94AA)

Description:  This document pertains to the pen, HP part number 920241-001, shipped with the HP Spectre 13 X360 and 15 X360.  The pen (HP part 920241-001) supplied with affected computers may not work and the battery may be loose (rattling) inside the stylus.  This can occur after removing the certification label from the pen; the label may adhere to the negative ground spring and pull it out of the pen cap.

What if?

If you have lost the spring, replace it with a bit of metal spring, perhaps from a ball point pen.  Cut the spring short enough to fit inside the pen and still provide pressure on the batteries to make good and solid contact.

What else?

This is a pretty simple device.

Assuming the computer is generally updated (Windows Updates and HP Software / Drivers), the pen should work.

It is unlikely, but the pen might actually be defective.

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion 14-cd0000 x360 Convertible PC 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

i have checked and my model number is 1MR94AA HP Pen, so that is compatible my computer is up to date, the battery spring is functioning, the hp pen software says not compatible on this pc, i have ordered some AAAA batteries off amazon to double check and so i am leaning towards a fau

HP Recommended

@hgowhte 

If you did not do so because I did not mention it explicitly, do install the HP Printer Control Application.

What else?

Batteries might be a good idea, yes.

What else?

Check Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink

Essentially, the setup should default to at least allowing the pen to work, though it is useful to check and make sure the settings are aligned with what you would expect.

Not sure?

Click the "Learn about Windows Ink" link near the bottom of the page / menu.

What else?

Check Device Manager for Pen Details

1. Device Manager > View “Devices by type” AND “Show hidden devices”
  2. Open category Human Interface Devices
  3. Look for and Right-Click on “HID-compliant pen” > Properties

This won't tell you a LOT - it will perhaps tell you if the pen is even attached.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.