Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-n248ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am helping a friend try to regain his touch screen capabilities.  He seems to think that the windows 10 upgrade stopped it working. 

I have run the Hardware Diagnostic Test (F2 on boot) and run the component check for touch screen.  There is no response to touching the screen.   This test is UEFI which I presume runs before any OS is loaded.  The display works fine otherwise.  Is there a way to know if this is a motherboard problem?  I can't find anything in the BIOS that relates to touch screen, and I can't get a log report for the diagnostic test because I can't start the test ... it just times out and the log says cancelled.  Is there a separate connector from display to motherboard for touch screen that may have come loose? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Please go through the below document and see if it helps:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148

For any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks ... been through all of that.

Updated bios

Updated graphic driver

Enabled/disabled/enabled HID Touch Screen in device manager

"Setup" in Tablet options won't run because touch screen is unresponsive.

The hardware diagnostic interface runs before windows loads, so it is not a Windows issue.

All other hardware tests pass.

Beginning to think it is a flex cable issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.