Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq presario cq60
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello people,

I have an old compaq presario cq60 and is running windows 7 64 bit.

The problem is that when I hook up a second monitor it does not display the screen, I can see that it is being detected but nothing happens.

I found an old post concerning the same issue but that one was locked so I started this new post because the link in that post was gone.

I hope anyone can help.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your very welcome. :generic:

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello terrandroid

Not sure I can help but will try.

Is this a computer monitor or TV that you are connecting?

Have you had it working before?

If you go into the nVidia Control Panel, go to Display>Change Resolution. See if the monitor is detected there. If so, change the resolution. If its on its native res, lower it (or vice versa) to see if that helps.

If this is a computer monitor, go into the settings on the monitor itself and make sure the correct port is selected (if you have more than one). Example: DVI and HDMI, choose HDMI.

Swap cables if you have more than one.

HP Recommended
Hello,
Thank you for the quick reply, it had worked before it came with windows vista preinstalled. I recently upgraded to windows 7 and thats were it stopped working. I know it has to do with the wrong graphic driver of nvidia. It has a nvidia geforce 8200m g gpu.
I found the solution on this forum but the link to that solution was dead.
HP Recommended

OK, The last know supported HP video driver for Windows 7-64bit for that model is this one...

edit See comment below!

Is that the one installed?

HP Recommended
No i haven't tried that one yet, was looking for that one. Thank you, I'm going to test it out.
HP Recommended

Terranoid,

Sorry, I realised now that you didnt give the full model number. CQ60-xxxx

Please give that to me so I can verify the link I gave you above before you install.

HP Recommended
It's the CQ60-130ED
HP Recommended

OK thanks.

This was the latest version for that model...

Operatiing System:  Windows 7-64bit

Version:                       8.15.11.8644 A

Release date:             Sept 25, 2009

File:                               sp45230.exe

HP Recommended
Well that did the trick! I finally got it working, thank you very much for your help.
HP Recommended

Your very welcome. :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.