Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have an HP ENVY dv7-7398ca Notebook PC, and when I try to use the built-in "Display Color Calibration," I recieve a prompt to use the "contrast control on [the] display." So, unless I'm missing something, there are no buttons on the laptop, nor any sliders/buttons on-screen to adjust these settings.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you are trying to find the steps to increase or decrease the screen brightness for your Notebook

Method 01.
Open Windows Control Panel, click on Hardware and Sound, then in the Power Options Section, click on "Change power-saving settings." There's a slider to adjust brightness at the bottom of the window.

Method 02.
Open Windows Control Panel, open Windows Mobility Centre and adjust the brightness here

Method 03.
On most of the Notebooks, tapping F3 and F2 Key will often increase and decrease the screen brightness

If the above mentioned steps doesnt fix the issue please install the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue

HP On-Screen Display Utility
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-106851-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Quick launch Button Driver
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-104698-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K N R K
I work on behalf of HP
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Nope. That's the brightness. I'm looking for the contrast. Which is the step AFTER brightness.

HP Recommended
Incase if the steps I suggested doesn't fix the issue, please reinstall the chipset and applicable graphics driver for your model notebook.

Note: Please remember to Install the Chipset driver first and reboot. And then install the applicable graphics driver.

Please click Kudos Star to say thanks

Please Accept as Solution if this resolves your query

Regards
KNRK
I work on behalf of HP
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

either you're not smart enough to read or not willing to read, because what the guy wanted to know is about "CONTRAST" and not "BRIGHTNESS". Even a noob can figure out how to adjust the brightness mate and asking to reinstall the chipset driver is rather stupid (no offense).

Its 2016, i came across the same issue. The solution is simple. The laptop's graphics console should have control settings for contrast. The native GPU most probably being Intel (Intel HD graphics). 

HP Recommended

we know that about brightness. But how to adjust contrast is the question. it says adjust contrast in display but there is no contrast adjustment button provided

HP Recommended

intel is controlling that. we should right click in desktop and go to intel graphic settings and there we can adjust contrast

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.