Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP x360 15-aq103na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently brought the HP Pen (Product No: 1MR94AA) and are trying to connect it to my HP Envy x360 15-aq103na,

I am unable to connect the pen to my laptop a simple click does not work, I have checked for compatability here and it states that they are compatible. I have also changed the battery in the pen and it still doesn't work.

Here it suggests that you need "HP Pen Control" for using the pen, I cannot find anywhere to download this software,

Please could someone provide a link to this software so that I can install it, else provide a solution to my issue since this is very frustrating knowing that it should work but it doesn't,

Thanks

Kate

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you check the following list before buying the stylus ?

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05166879

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It is not on that list but 90% of them are not on there, if you look here 

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=1MR94AA&opt=UUF&sel=ACC 

that is the link to purchase the pen and in compatability my laptop is listed.

I wouldn't have brought it if it didn't say my laptop was compatable on the pen's own purchasing page

Thanks

Kate

HP Recommended

Kate, I have the same problem, Kate. Did you find a solution yet?

HP Recommended

Same problem here.

Found the software in this link and it solved my problem (no need to pair it):

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/sp80343.exe

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/sp80343.html

Keep in mind that for the buttons to work you need to press them while pressing the screen.

Hope it helps!

HP Recommended

@ricardodiaz wrote:

Same problem here.

Found the software in this link and it solved my problem (no need to pair it):

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/sp80343.exe

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/sp80343.html

Keep in mind that for the buttons to work you need to press them while pressing the screen.

Hope it helps!

How did you find the HP Pen Control Software? When I search the download section, nothing comes up.

Thanks,

Shane.

HP Recommended
I used google with this search:

hp pen control site:ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/
HP Recommended

The software works fine for me.

have you been able to configure the pen so that atleast one of the buttons starts working as if it was a button on a microsoft pen?

I want to configure one of the buttons so that it opens the screen sketch for me automatically.

HP Recommended

Just the standard options that come with the hp pen control

HP Recommended

those buttons are not very helpful though are they?

I mean they pretty much don't give you any functionality that you really need with a pen.

There is also some functionality that comes with Samsung laptops, the air commands. Those are pretty good too, but i dont know how to download that app either.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.