Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I file a complaint with HP customer service and get someone knowledgeable to assist me in fixing my brand new laptop. I had an HP envy that was a few years old and generally I liked it. It had all the qualities I was looking for in a laptop, however when the windows 10 update installed I stopped being able to change the brightness. I tried to fix it and was never able to, eventually I figured that it was time for a new laptop anyway so I dropped $1000 on a new HP envy and i start it up right out of the box and the brightness doesn't work again. I can't change it in settings or on the keyboard. I tried contacting support and the technician I worked with refused to listen when I said that I knew it wasn't an issue with the keyboard because it didn't work in my settings either and made me waste an hour testing and proving that the keyboard wasn't the issue which was obvious from the get go.  Then they made me disable the action keys so none of the keys worked and asked if that fixed the problem, which made it so abundantly clear that they weren't listening. Then i gave them remote control of my computer and they toggled the brightness in the settings and told me that it worked just fine even though they were moving the toggle and the brightness stayed the same. Then they went on to download something and make me restart my computer where then the chat was disconnected and despite me giving them a phone number to call in case that happened I never heard from them again. I don't think that I have ever received worse support for a product in my entire life, and after doing some research this brightness thing is a common issue with envys and the windows 10 update and HP still hasnt fixed it. I absolutely cannot believe that I purchased a new computer and went through the effort of switching everything over for it to have the same issue immediately that ultimately made me get rid of my old one. I wish that I had known this would happen so that I could have purchased anything other than an HP. I have been a loyal customer for years and am so disappointed

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@HunterC Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.