Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-dv0521sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just bought a new HP Pavilion. One of the key things for me was to be able to plug my monitors into the USB-C port so that the laptop would charge and I could use 2 additional monitors at the same time (all with one easy cable to plug in). 

It works with my Dell laptop, but for some reason does not work with this HP one. I think the Dell one might have Thunderbolt. Maybe what I need is Thunderbolt!  

How can I get this to work? If it is not really possible, can someone tell me so I can exchange it. I have heard about some adaptors that might work, but I want to be able to charge the laptop at the same time with the same cable, so I don't want to use an adaptor if it allows outgoing video but stops the incoming charging. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@HarryHLS, Welcome to the HP support community.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps that should fix the issue.

Update the Bios, chipset, and audio drivers using HP Support Assistant.

Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

6.Intel® Driver & Support Assistant  the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics, drivers 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.