Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion gaming 16

I can't figure out how to change the color on my pavilion gaming 16 laptop. Fn+9 doesn't work, FN+5 only changes the brightness. How do I change the COLOR

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @cyb_3r,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're having trouble changing the color on your Pavilion Gaming 16 laptop and the keyboard shortcuts (such as Fn+9) are not working as expected, there are a few things you can try.

• Check the User Manual: Refer to your laptop's user manual or documentation. It often contains information about the keyboard shortcuts and how to customize the RGB lighting on your specific model.
  • Dedicated Software: Many gaming laptops come with dedicated software that allows you to control and customize the RGB lighting. Check if your laptop has any pre-installed software for this purpose. If not, you might need to download it from the official HP support website.
  • Update Drivers: Make sure your laptop's graphics and keyboard drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues with the functioning of certain keys or features. Visit the HP support website and download the latest drivers for your laptop model.
  • BIOS/UEFI Settings: Some laptops allow you to customize the RGB lighting through the BIOS/UEFI settings. Restart your laptop and enter the BIOS/UEFI menu (usually by pressing a key like Esc, F1, F2, or Del during boot-up). Look for any options related to keyboard lighting or RGB customization.

Remember that the ability to customize RGB lighting may vary depending on the specific model of your Pavilion Gaming 16 laptop.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.