01-17-2020 08:23 AM
My EliteBook 840 G4 laptop is equipped with USB-C and DisplayPort, and can also be connected to an HP docking station.
I would like to connect two external monitors in extended mode (not mirror) and I understand that the USB-C port on this laptop is just a simple one and doesn't support video over USB-C. If anyone has successfully tried to connect a monitor over this port, I would love to know. I've tried a powered Dell USB-C to HDMI & DVI docking station and it didn't work.
Assuming that video over the USB-C port doesn't work on this laptop, I have following questions:
1) Does DisplayPort support multiple monitors in extended mode? If yes, does anyone have any examples of DisplayPort-to-multiple-HDMI hardware that can be used?
2) On HP's EliteBook 840 product page, in the "Displays support" category, it is stated that...
- (3) independent displays supported if used with HP UltraSlim Docking Station
- NOTE: Sold separately or as an optional feature.
- Supports dual display through the dock
Does anyone know the exact model of the HP Ultraslim Docking Station that works with the EliteBook 840 G4?
The HP website displays docking stations with models D9Y32AA and D9Y32UT, but none of them specifically lists the EliteBook 840 G4 as compatible.
01-17-2020 12:27 PM
The following specs shows
You can use
(3) independent displays supported if used with HP UltraSlim Docking Station
also there is a list of compatible docking stations on page 72 of the following document
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.