Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear support

When I connect an external display (also from HP) to my HP Spectre the max available resolution in the display settings is 1920 x 1080. Thus, I can not use the full available screen size and the displayed contents looks squeezed. That worries me a lot!!!

On the other hand the hd graphics 620 allows according to Intel a max resoltion of 4096 x 2304 by 60 Hz

http://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/architecture-and-technology/visual-technology/graphics-overvie...

Has someone a proposal how to increase the resolution for the external display?

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

How are you connecting? Do you have a USB-C port? HDMI? I have had no problem with a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter driving 4K displays and almost no problem with HDMI. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

How are you connecting? Do you have a USB-C port? HDMI? I have had no problem with a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter driving 4K displays and almost no problem with HDMI. 

HP Recommended

Make sure you have the display settings in the Intel driver or Windows 10, to "Extend Display" or single display the external monitor only.

If the setting is set for Clone Display, then the max resolution for the external monitor will be limited to 1920x1080.

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer

Thank very much. I am using  the ICY multi-docking station https://www.distrelec.ch/de/multi-dockingstation-icy-box-ib-dk403/p/30072121?channel=b2b&price_afd=1... whereby the external monitor (HP Comopaq LA2405x) is connected via VGA.

Meanwhile I have bought an HDMI adapter cable. Thus, my notebook connected via ICY via HDMI cable to the external mointor servers the expected solution. That means, the full monitor screen is used know.

Thank you very much for your support.

HP Recommended

VGA has been around since the late '80's. Its a digital world now and you gotta use HDMI or Displayport technology if you want good resolution and the best possible display quality. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.