Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Same problem here - HP-Envy-13-d004no/MS Windows 10 64-bit. Happening when using Eclipse and some popup with scroll is about to be displayed. Seems pretty random but it is happening quite often. Tried driver update, followed all those so called "troubleshooters" from HP, pretty much useless... 

There are some notes that this beta driver from Intel might fix this - just installed it now

Steps for installation - http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-surface-book/396082-beta-intel-hd-520-drivers-out-they-se...

Drect driver download - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-4...

HP Recommended

you are right, I use this driver since one week and every thing is fine

HP Recommended

Newest Intel beta driver seems to help a lot. Every successive driver version has helped somewhat more than the previous. The beta driver seems to be the best so far. Since it came out, I've only had one driver crash.

99% of my crashes seem to have been in Internet Explorer. I could lessen them by going into advanced settings and checking the "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" box. After the beta driver update, i could finally turn GPU rendering back on.

Clearly an Intel problem. Poorly tested drivers.

Oh also check Windows update.... Windows update pushed down driver version 4331 to my PC which was even a newer build than the beta driver (4326).

HP Recommended

I tried the latest Intel Graphic driver (Non beta) and it seems to work fine so far. The beta version gave me problem when I tried to wake it up from sleep. Here is a link to the latest driver for Intel Graphic 520.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-

Can't blame HP for it. Apparently many the products running the 6th gen Intel Core I with 520 graphics are having the same issue. Including Microsoft's own Surface Pro and Book.

HP Recommended

I bought a dell inspiron i7359-5984 with 6th gen i7 and intel 520 graphics. I had the same problem. Mostly while using Edge browser. Because of this issue I thought its the laptops problem and returned it. Now I bought a HP Spectre x360. Having the same problem with Edge browser. After beta driver update got this issue once. Hope it will be solved in future driver updates.

HP Recommended

Update on what I did earlier apparently the stable version is giving me problem when sleeping too. It just gives me a blackscreen when I tried to wake up from sleep.

What I did at the moment is to go to the Advance tab in the IE's option screen and switch off GPU rendering (Use software rendering instead). The changes applied to Edge browser too. So far I haven't had any problem with this. Will keep it this way until Intel came up with a solution.

HP Recommended

The intel links say it goes up to supporting i6, my spectre is i7. Is it still good to use?

HP Recommended

There isn't an i6, they probably mean 6th generation. There are 3 "i" series chips, i3, i5, and i7 (higher number means higher performance). The generation essentially describes how new the chip is... 6th generation is the newest iteration that just came out this year. Intel marketing for you...

In any case, assuming you have any 6th generation chip, They just released a new graphics driver before xmas. Build 4352 is out now.

Link here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th...

Try that one out.

HP Recommended

Tried the latest release.. No luck. Still couldn't wake the laptop up from sleep. 

HP Recommended
Same here. Crashes have diminished almost completely but the "black screen" issue when returning from sleep mode on my spectre x360 is miserable. It's faster to power it off and reboot than waiting for the screen to wake up. I don't know if its graphics related or a windows10 thing, but there are a lot of complaints about this with windows10.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.