Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m7-k010dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded to windows 10 and now i would like to upgrade my drivers to hp drivers however there are several that are not do not seem to be available for windows 10 or the listed upgrade versions are not the same product that I have in my ssytem.

(example I have a HP ENVY m7-k010dx with Intel HD graphics 4600 but what is shown available to me via the automated hp driver website is a Nvidia driver,)

I would like to know if it is still possible to use the windows 8.1 drivers and or firmware updates/bios updates.  As I do see a bunch of them that have been updated?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Samei

Download the Intel Driver

Install it and Reboot

Install the Nvidia driver

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello, I have exactly the same notebook model and with the same operating system. I have the same problem.

I have two concerns:

1 -I have in Device Manager on Display adapters this:  Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.  Now Excuse the question. It is important to download the Intel Driver that you recommend? why? I can be sure to do this?

2- The Nvidia driver  is the one that can be seen on this picture?    

Regards

Captura de pantalla (47).png

HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy 17 and when I try to install the intel driver, it says that it is not validated for my laptop and won't let me knstall it.  How do I get past that?  I have frequent graphics card failures because my current driver is not 100% compatible with windows 10.

HP Recommended

Download the new driver, unplug Internet cable or disable internet wireless connection (windows 10 does auto update, you can disable windows 10 driver auto update also), uninstall the old driver, and then install the new one. Then reconnect internet.

You can try installing the driver manually, please follow instructions:

Please download the zip driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?...

This driver fixes some games and applications issues that were seen across platforms.

Notes

• The driver in self-installing format (exe) is intended for end users.
  • This driver in zip format is intended for developers and IT professionals.

Not sure what to download?

Not sure if this is the right driver or software for your component? Run Intel® Driver Update Utility to automatically detect driver or software updates.

HP Recommended

Hallow

Have no video grafics

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.