Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-f271wm 8GB mem HDMI por

I am attempting to install sp72836.exe and keep getting the error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". This is on a HP 15-f271wm with Intel Processor, 8GB memory, Win 10 64 bit, and a HDMI port.

I had previously tried the other Driver Graphics versions and got one of them to install once, but those now also give me the error message. I always use the Run as Admin for install/uninstall and also check the box that says to delete all files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good luck.

Maybe the updates will fix it.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi:

The driver that should work for your notebook is this one...

10.18.10.4252 Rev.B

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72369.exe

The other two listed are for notebooks with the Intel core processors.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul for the suggestion.
According to hp.com/go/15hp95 I have an  Intel® Pentium® N3540 with Intel HD Graphics (2.16 GHz, up to 2.66 GHz, 2 MB cache, 4 cores).

Using Device Manager I Uninstall Device and select the Delete the driver software for this device. It appears that it uninstalls. Still in Dev Manager, the Display Adapter entry is gone.

I then run the Seup.exe for SP72369 and after a minute get the "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". So I reboot the laptop. The login screen colors are beautiful. The system came up normal, then about a minute later the screen goes black for awhile then comes back on. The Action center has 6 messages that say "Display Driver failed to Start".

Device Manager shows the Display Adapter with the gold triangle on Intel(R) HD Graphics. Properties says "windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43). And the driver is 10.18.10.4358.  Not the 4252 for SP72369.

I read the Install_Readme and it said that the driver you suggested is for Windows 7 which explains why it won't install. What do you think?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

When you look at this link, it shows the driver is also good for W10

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72369.html

That driver should have worked because the setup information file matches the hardware ID for the Pentium graphics adapter your notebook has and for the operating systems listed.

; Driver information
;
[Manufacturer]
%Intel%   = IntelGfx, NTamd64.5.1, NTamd64.6.0, NTamd64.6.1, NTamd64.6.2, NTamd64.6.3
[IntelGfx.NTamd64.5.1]
; no install on XP
[IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.0]
; no install on Vista
;=====================================================================
;    Windows 7 Install
[IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.1]
%iVLVGMT0%      = iVLV2M_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F31&SUBSYS_21DE103C
;    Windows 8 Install
[IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.2]
%iVLVGMT0%      = iVLV2M_w8, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F31&SUBSYS_21DE103C
;    Windows 8.1 Install
[IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.3]
%iVLVGMT0%      = iVLV2M_w81, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F31&SUBSYS_21DE103C
;    Windows 10.0 Install
[IntelGfx.NTamd64.10.0]
%iVLVGMT0%      = iVLV2M_w10, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F31&SUBSYS_21DE103C

See if this works...

Go to the device manager and click on the problem Intel graphic adapter.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk, and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp72369\Graphics\Ki108660, select the Intel(R) HD Graphics adapter from the list, and see if the driver installs that way.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response Paul and the info. 

I don't have a folder named Ki108660, however, under the Graphics folder is a Ki108660.cat and Ki108660.inf file.

Trying to update using the Device Manager will only allow me to select the graphics folder, and not a specific file. So using File Explorer, I tried right clicking on the Ki108660.inf and selected "Install" but nothing happens.

HP Recommended

Sorry for the double post.  I went back and reinstalled.  The Device Manager now shows version 10.18.10.4252, but there is still the gold triangle and the colors are really bad quality. During the install process got the following messages:

"Display driver failed to start. Using Microsoft basic driver.

Then a little later got "Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43). 

So I am back to where the correct driver is installed but Windows stopped it.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You did it right.

There is only the graphics folder and the kit inf file.

OK, so that didn't work either.

That is the only HP graphics driver I can find that should work for the Pentium processors.

Try the one directly from Intel.  I do not think it will auto install, but you can try it.  If it doesn't...

Download the zip file and use the same manual instructions I posted above but the inf file is named igdlh64.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=814...

If you look at the list of supported products, the Pentium N processor your notebook has is included.

HP Recommended

No go. 

If I uninstall the current Display adapter and try to install the Intel version, I get the "The computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" message. 

So then I uninstalled again and then ran the Setup and it started the installation. During the install, the screen goes black for a minute and then comes back good.  I clicked the Next button to continue the installation and a few seconds later Windows pops up and says "Display driver failed to start. Using Microsoft basic driver."  Note that the installation process has not finished yet. Finally when it finishes it says it was successful and needs to reboot to finish. I reboot and the HP 10.18.10.4276 driver shows up in Device Manager. 

So then I tried the Update Driver process in Device manager and it says "The best drivers are already installed".

What a mess:))

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work either.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas for you to try.

HP Recommended

Well thanks for all of your help. I appreciate the quick responses. Think I will try to do a recovery. This thing has been acting strange. Maybe then I can get a good driver install.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.