isherpa
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Issue connecting HP Elitebook 840 G6 to a 4k Monitor. No video output

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to connect a work issued HP Elitebook 840 G6 laptop to the BenQ PD3220U monitor using Thunderbolt, HDMI and Displayport (by way of the HP slim dock), but I'm not able to get the monitor working for this laptop. The cable i tried supported displayport 1.4, not the one supplied with the BenQ. The thunderbolt 3 and HDMI cables were from BenQ. Any thoughts on why I can't get video displayed on the monitor? 

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,319 89,198 11,438 24,538
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@isherpa 

The specs of monitor is

https://www.benq.com/en-au/monitor/designer/pd3220u/specifications.html

You should be able to use a  Thunderbolt cable to connect direct to your computer and you can daisy chain to a second monitor. You can use the slim dock to connect to other devices.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
isherpa
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

that's the problem I'm having - i'm not getting the video signal using a thunderbolt cable from laptop to monitor. also not working with HDMI. i also tried the laptop on a slim dock and used Displayport cable. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation