Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently experienced that my laptop was slow and also start to flimmer. I ran a dep-scanning with installed McAfee and restarted several times. Now, I experienced that the keybord did not respond correctly or not at all. (Instead of an A, it printed an eurosign. Now the problem is that I cannot use the alt gr command to get i.e. the "at" sign or the euro for that matter. The other strange thing, is that I can write in any documents or pages online (however - command buttons still not responding), but NOT locally (like word docs stored as my internal files).

I have rebooted, also reset the laptop back to its original settings, without any success. 

Anyone knows how to fix this? Have I got a virus even if the anti virus program cannot find any?

Thank you for any help with this strange problem.

Kind regards,

Siri M L Joli

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @SiriML,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with keyboard. I'd like to help!

I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Let's try testing the keyboard. Click here and keep me posted on the results. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I actually had to contact support where i bought my laptop, and they replaced the keyboard, confirming it was a hard ware issue. Luckily, I had a good support/guarantee deal., so all is good! 🙂

All the best, Siri

HP Recommended

Hi @SiriML

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.