Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14s-cr1005tu

Keyboard marks on the screenKeyboard marks on the screen

Keyboards marks visible over light background on the laptop screen, but those marks are not visible in the darker or black background. To me, it doesn't look like these are dead pixels but not able to clean them off as well. Need help to detect that these are dirt marks or something else and what can be done to remove them?

Screenshot (1)_LI.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@bhas1 Here are a few details about cleaning LCD, if this is physically on the screen and not a shadow of the keypad:

LCD screens accumulate smudges and scratches all the time. To clean these, choose a non-abrasive cloth or towel. Shut the computer off and disconnect the power cable. Wipe the LCD screen gently with a soft dry cloth. If any marks remain, moisten the cloth with LCD cleaner, and then gently stroke the cloth across the display in one direction, moving from the top of the display to the bottom. Plastic and glass cleaners containing ammonia may leave a glare-causing film, so use a computer monitor specific cleaner from a computer store. Spray the cleaner onto the cloth, and then wipe the screen with it.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If the line isn't physically on the LCD, please check if it appear in the BIOS screen,

Access the same by tapping on F10 during a system restart and let me know if the line appears while you are on the BIOS screen as well.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bhas1 Here are a few details about cleaning LCD, if this is physically on the screen and not a shadow of the keypad:

LCD screens accumulate smudges and scratches all the time. To clean these, choose a non-abrasive cloth or towel. Shut the computer off and disconnect the power cable. Wipe the LCD screen gently with a soft dry cloth. If any marks remain, moisten the cloth with LCD cleaner, and then gently stroke the cloth across the display in one direction, moving from the top of the display to the bottom. Plastic and glass cleaners containing ammonia may leave a glare-causing film, so use a computer monitor specific cleaner from a computer store. Spray the cleaner onto the cloth, and then wipe the screen with it.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If the line isn't physically on the LCD, please check if it appear in the BIOS screen,

Access the same by tapping on F10 during a system restart and let me know if the line appears while you are on the BIOS screen as well.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions. This was really helpful. It seemed that it was a physical damage/problem on the screen for which I contacted the customer support and got it replaced.

HP Recommended

@bhas1 The pleasure is all mine, I'm glad I could help and if you need anything else,

feel free to get back to us, and I hope you have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.