07-07-2019 12:09 PM
sometimes the caps lock LED starts blinking in an irregular pattern or always remains "on". At the same time the touchpad also stops responding. I am getting "Primary (internal) battery error 601" also at the time of starting. Can anyone help me to deal with this??
07-09-2019 02:10 PM
I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...
HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also ensure Windows is up to date.
Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
I also suggest you run a Battery Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Power > Battery
Keep me posted how it goes
Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
07-20-2019 01:08 AM
As per your suggestions, I have updated the windows and check the driver updates in the HPSA. However, I have not found any recommended updates in HPSA App. Please find below issues I am still facing
1. The caps lock is not functioning and it doesn't respond even though I press it multiple times.
2. The caps lock button LED suddenly goes on and remains on for some time. It freezes the touchpad also.
3. Sometimes the caps lock LED keeps on blinking for irregular patterns and intervals.
4. when the point 2 occurs, all the keys of key board typed in upper case for obvious reason.
5. Below are the screenshots of the component test and keyboard test. please advise accordingly. Also let me know if the caps lock malfunction is linked to reduced battery capacity
Also let me know the procedure to factory reset my Laptop Recovery Drive (D Drive). Please note, I want to format my windows only (C drive) as I do not want to loose any data stored in other drives.
07-20-2019 02:57 PM
The failure ID says it's a hardware issue with the Keyboard.
I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support.
Make sure you select the Country and Region.
Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps!
Have a great day ahead!
I am an HP Employee