Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-ce3510sa

Hi There,,,,Hoping someone could advise me.

I've had my HP Pavilion laptop for just under 2 years and earlier this week the screen starting flickering, blacking out and therefore I wasnt able to see anything or even use. I tend to have the laptop linked to a 2nd screen which works perfectly and hecne I can see and use the laptop.

Any thoughts what this might be ?

Many thanks,  Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Hengis_me,

I seem to have the same problem with 2 laptops (Pavilion 15s - series).

Uninstalling the graphics drivers under device manager fixes the problem untill Windows Update tries to update the drivers again. For some reason HP / Intel has the wrong drivers for our laptops. I havent got a permanent solution yet, but I hope HP is checking these forums to come with a sollution!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Edited [ Not a hardware but a software problem ]

HP Recommended

Hello Hengis_me,

I seem to have the same problem with 2 laptops (Pavilion 15s - series).

Uninstalling the graphics drivers under device manager fixes the problem untill Windows Update tries to update the drivers again. For some reason HP / Intel has the wrong drivers for our laptops. I havent got a permanent solution yet, but I hope HP is checking these forums to come with a sollution!

HP Recommended

Hello Hengis_me,

This link might help us from automatically installing the "wrong" driver:

https://superuser.com/questions/1507210/how-to-stop-windows-from-updating-my-intelr-hd-graphics-630-...

HP Recommended

Hello @Hengis_me 

Keep me updated

Good luck

HP Recommended

Interesting..

This seems to have worked.... I'll keep an eye on this !

Many thanks !

HP Recommended

@Hengis_me wrote:

Interesting..

This seems to have worked.... I'll keep an eye on this !

Many thanks !

One or two eyes ? 😉

Good luck

HP Recommended

Strangely... I've now a work around

After opening the Device Manager... and "uninstalling" the Intel UHD Graphics... and then moving to the 

"scan hardware changes" from the top of the screen...  - the flickering etc stops. 

Now sure why...but a result.

However, after every reboot I need to repeat.

Michael

HP Recommended

Hi Michael,

We're experiencing the same problem unfortunately. Other workaround havent worked properly for us so far.

I have spoken to Intel, but they point us to HP and I've also contacted HP, but they keep referring to the support being outdated and to rollback to Windows 10, altho Windows Update almost forces us to update to go with Windows 11.

The newest Intel drivers work, but for some reason Windows Update still think their drivers are and update to these drivers altho its al older version.

Intel wrote me the text below:

Product: Intel® UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel® Processors
Issue Description: Windows update causing Flickering screen

Hello Bram,

Thank you for contacting Intel customer support.

This is in the loop of our chat conversation regarding the Windows update causing Flickering screen. As discussed in our chat conversation, I suggest you to contact HP and to get their recommended driver and also, I suggest you to contact Microsoft to check on how to disable the Windows update from updating the graphics driver. 

Also, you can try Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows using the latest Intel generic driver.

I also suggest you to refer to How to Disable Specific Driver Updates in Windows 11/10 and Disable driver updates from Microsoft Forum for more details. 

Please Note: Third party links are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

We will temporarily close this case. You can still re-open the case by logging into the web portal or replying to this email. 

Kindly note that if the follow-up is made more than 15 days after closure, a new case will be created with a reference to the original case. 

Feel free to respond to this mail if you have any further questions and we will be more than happy to assist you accordingly. 

Telephone:[Personal Information Removed] (**bleep**) Monday to Friday 10:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M

E-mail: sasupport@mailbox.intel.com
Chat: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

We are available from Monday through Friday 10:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M. We will be assisting you in the best possible way we could.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Best regards,

Srikanth R.
Intel Customer Support Technician.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my Spectre laptop that I had updated to Windows 11. The touchpad would cause the screen to flicker or just go black, but touching the screen would bring it back.

Following the general guidance above, I found the Intel Iris Plus Graphics device under Display Adapters in Device Manager. I disabled the device, rather than uninstalling, just because that seemed less risky to me. I then ran "Scan for hardware changes" as well. The flickering issue has stopped, although I did lose some display setting options. I am hoping some update will fix this more permanently.

UPDATE: The side effects of disabling the the display adapter on my laptop include the inability to stream Fubo.tv and the inability to adjust the screen brightness. I had to temporarily enable the adapter to watch Fubo. I installed a Windows update on 10/22, but that did not help with the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.