Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Same thing happened to me over the last month. First flickering, then flashing, then no screen at all for minutes at a time. Has something to do with the win 11 updates. The driver in device manager for "display" became a generic windows driver and that was apparently incompatible with win 11. First, I downloaded a new most recent Intel driver and installed it, but it was taking forever to turn the screen on. Then, on its own, or maybe someone re programmed win 11 after complaints, Intel sent a new driver to my computer windows update and once installed, all is good again. Below is a screenshot of the intel driver you need. You can get it from intel site. Do not upload latest driver, it will be buggy. The below one is the one you need for two-year-old Pavillion laptops.

tallguy18_0-1669688034949.png

HP Recommended

The newest driver on the intel website works perfectly. Its the Windows Update driver wich is buggy. Everytime I download and install any other driver it works, but when Windows Update desides to update the current driver (newer or older, doesnt matter :|). It forces the their drivers and cant you cant exclude it. Well I havent found a way. Ive seen and tried many ways to exclude the graphics drivers to be installed automatically found on the internet, but nothing seems to work in my case...

Still waiting for Microsoft and HP to find a solution, because Intel has the right drivers

HP Recommended

driver version 26.20.100.7926 is what I get after I delete the driver in safe mode and restart.  This works absolutely fine until (as other posts report),  windows update runs and installs the problem driver back again.   I guess need to switch off automatic windows updates to avoid the flicker returning until someone finds a better longer term solution

HP Recommended

I've just installed the latest intel driver by going to this page https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19350/intel-graphics-dch-driver-for-windows-10-and-...  and then installing intel's driver & support assistant.

This installed driver version 31.0.101.2114 and after a couple of restarts all seems to be working fine (even though it was working fine before with the older version).

I've not run a windows update yet to see if this overwrites this version or not but for the timebeing at least,  the flicker has gone away.   I need to test logging in as different users but so far so good.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.