Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

My HP Pavilion G4 laptop screen is white when I turn it on. When connected to an external monitor, it works fine. Any suggestions for the cause and a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the external monitor is fine, then you know the problem is from the mother board cable connection to the screen itself.  The problem point for notebooks is where the cable goes through the hinge.  You could try to wiggle that to see if the picture changes. The other possibility is that the connection from the cable to the screen has come loose and the final solution I can think of is that the screen itself is bad.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If the external monitor is fine, then you know the problem is from the mother board cable connection to the screen itself.  The problem point for notebooks is where the cable goes through the hinge.  You could try to wiggle that to see if the picture changes. The other possibility is that the connection from the cable to the screen has come loose and the final solution I can think of is that the screen itself is bad.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

HP Recommended

compaq presario cq62, Windows 7 Home premium. How do I access wire to screen in the hinge?

HP Recommended

Hello UmpireDave,

You’re looking to take your laptop apart.

Please post your product and model number.

You can find this information by holding the FN key and pressing the ESC key.

There might be a service manual on HP's website that will show you how to take the product apart.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Model # PresarioCQ62 Notebook PC Windows 7 home Premium  Product # XG958UA#ABA

HP Recommended

UmpireDave,

Here is the link to your service manual Page 4-27 will take apart the display.

Let me know how everything goes

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

HP pavilion g4 serial no - (removed content)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.