Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cc1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop in early March 2018 and initially I ran two external monitors on a Plugable USB 3.0 dock without issue. About 6 weeks later, the secondary monitor started randomly disconnecting with its little bloopy noise, would go black, then come back and all my stuff on that screen would be on the primary monitor. It would only occasionally do this and it was mildly annoying but then it was more frequent, every hour or two, then more often. I run one direct HDMI into the laptop with the other through the dock and plugged into the USB 3.0. I've switched docks 3 times to ones that work on everyone else's computers (HP desktop, Microsoft Surface and some other laptop). I brought it to a computer company that was baffled. I have updated every driver and the BIOS. I have done every normal tech support task that anyone can think of and called HP support who told me to pay for a monthly service for repairs and maybe they could figure it out. I've uninstalled all Windows updates (as this may have coincided with an update just based on the timing), reinstalled everything and it still does it. The longer my laptop is on, the worse it gets. Sometimes it will mess up my wireless mouse and keyboard when it bloop-diddy-bloops at me and I'll get a message saying the computer doesnt recognize the USB device and then nothing will work in that port until I restart. My sound will also sometimes magically stop working when the monitor goes out and again, I have to restart and then it works fine for a little while. I'm losing my mind and about to wipe the drive and start fresh. I've virus scanned and done every update for video, sound, drivers - you name it. Nothing works. This model does not have an HP dock, nor does it have any other video port and I have to run two external monitors for my work. Everything I do is basic - I'm not gaming or doing anything fancy. Literally spreadsheets and websites.

Any ideas? This will be the last HP that I ever buy. I can't deal. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AHams37

Welcome to HP Support Community

I understand your concerns and frustration

I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.