Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch011dx
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently purchased an Acer KB272HL 27" monitor to replace an on older and smaller Acer monitor that I have been using successfully connected to the HDMI port on my HP Spectre X360 laptop. When I connect the new monitor to the laptop using the same HDMI port and cable, the computer doesn't recognize the monitor. If I plug the old monitor back in, it works fine. I've updated the display drivers and the BIOS for the machine, but still nothing. I've hooked the new monitor to the HDMI port on an older Dell laptop and it worked fine so it's not a defective monitor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Hanker76 

Logically please fix the monitor end, not machine end, this may give more headache. I would return new monitor and get a new one.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but I hooked my new monitor to my wife's computer and it worked just fine so I'm thiniking that it's not the monitor. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.