Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-CS0099TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Number keys along top of keyboard aren't working - they bring up symbols. Number pad on right hand side is working fine. Laptop is brand new, picked up today. Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This has now been fixed

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

In which app are you seeing this happen?

Is the shift key working properly?

I suggest using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics utilty and testing the keyboard.

You can acccess the Diagnostics utilty by powering on and then immediately tapping the F2 key. Choose component tests and the keyboard.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Happening in all apps I've tried. Shift key is working properly. Have run the keyboard test with no changes 

HP Recommended

@EMacca wrote:

Happening in all apps I've tried. Shift key is working properly. Have run the keyboard test with no changes

You stated "no changes", does that mean that the keyboard test passed?

So if you say that the shift key is working properly, does should mean that you can switch between numbers and the symbols on the keys?  That would be the only way I would qualify the shift key to be working as expected in apps, such as  notepad, wordpad and MS Word.

Which symbols does you mean?

Do you happen to  have a French AZERTY keyboard?

French AZERTY keyboards shift key wil lock just like a caps lock key when the shift key is pressed. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

This has now been fixed

HP Recommended

Oh, really?

What fixed it?  Was it indeed a French keyboard?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.