Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have an HP Pavillion Laptop 15-cc1xx running win 10 64 bit version 2004, my laptop, when left idle, turns the screen off after 5 mins as per the setting, but doesn't turn back on(only power LED is on continuously and I hear the small sound of the fan running I guess or it might be of HDD also I don't know), even though when I press any key the moment it turns off the screen, it doesn't light up. This also happens when I put it to sleep the same thing happens only the screen turns off. This happens very randomly, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Then I have to reboot by pressing and holding the power button. I'm fed-up doing this hard reboot and losing my data.

I observed that when this happens and the monitor turns off, the CPU light has stopped blinking, so I suspected that the laptop has turned the keyboard off and also the touch-pad and no electric supply is there, hence it doesn't accept any inputs. Even the external USB mouse doesn't light up after connecting, so the USB ports are also off, but when I connected the phone it started charging(only charging didn't detect PC).

Now, I've tried every solution of troubleshooting, updated each & every driver from device manager including graphics & firmware, checking "Allow this PC to wake" in power mgmt, resetting default in power options, disabled the Intel rapid storage technology's link power mgmt, resetting the PC, etc, but all in vain.

I had this issue before and this is how it started again,

I did a clean install of win 10 from the Microsoft site through USB removing all HP software then the issue got resolved. I think some HP software was causing this issue but I again did a factory reset using the HP cloud recovery tool which restored all HP OEM software, I did this factory reset because after BIOS update to F.34 from F.33, the PC was not shutting down completely only OS was shut down and power LED and fan used to be on. This shutdown issue only started after the BIOS update. Although after factory reset using HP cloud recovery shutdown issue has gone, but the screen and sleep issue has started again.

Now, I can do the clean install of win 10 from the Microsoft site using USB but I don't want to reset my PC again cause I've to backup my data again.

Please help me resolve this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cpm_25 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Laptop monitor doesn't turn on after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

Please perform the system test.

Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test

- Shut down/Turn off the computer

- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off

- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard

- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer

- Please select System Test and then select Extensive Test

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying

I've started the system test and by the way sometimes I'm even getting shutdown problems (I thought this issue got resolved) so according to hp site this might be the issue of Intel management engine interface. I have the driver version 1945 but the hp site said 9.5 works in most PCs so I downloaded ver 9.5 setup and I got this error "This computer does not meet minimum requirements to install this software".

So I want to downgrade this driver to check if that works but because of this error I am not able to do that. 

HP Recommended

@cpm_25

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.