Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY 17-j073ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own a HP Envy 17-j073ca Notebook.

I recently had to replace the HardDrive. I used a third party to fix my computer, they replaced the harddrive and reinstalled the Windows 10 Operating System, and drivers.

My laptop comes with a Blu-Ray Disc Drive, and I am using CyberLink Power DVD18 as gthe software, but now the program says that my monitor is not HDCP Complaint, when it was before, this whole mess started.

Can anybody help me with this problem. The laptop says that everything is fine and so does the CyberLink BD Advisor; except it tells me that the display is not HDCP Comlpiant.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@VMLeonardo,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting HDCP compliant error when trying to use the Cyberlink Power DVD software.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• How did you install Cyberlink power DVD?
  • Are you trying to play Bluray or HD videos on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While you respond to that, I recommend you uninstall the graphics driver from device manager and then download and it the driver from the below link and test.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72370.exe

Uninstall: Here is how it is done.

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@VMLeonardo,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting HDCP compliant error when trying to use the Cyberlink Power DVD software.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• How did you install Cyberlink power DVD?
  • Are you trying to play Bluray or HD videos on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While you respond to that, I recommend you uninstall the graphics driver from device manager and then download and it the driver from the below link and test.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72370.exe

Uninstall: Here is how it is done.

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I installed the CyberLink PowerDVD program by using the disc I bought at BestBuy. It plays regular DVDs but won't play blu-ray. The drive File sp72370.exe is the current drivers that BestBuy downloaded and installed when they repaired my laptop.

I hope this new information helps.

HP Recommended

@VMLeonardo,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I would like to inform you that your computer display is 1600 x 900, however, you can still render the blu-ray videos on your computer at a lower resolution supported by the computer display.

I recommend you try using a different video player and check whether you can play the blu-ray.

If you continue to face the issue, I recommend you try connecting your computer to a TV and check.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As to add to this posting.

I have watched the movie on my Samsun Blu-Ray player that is connected to my tv. It works fine.

Tried to lower t resolution of my monitor, but had the same result. "Monitor is non-compliant".

Also tried to connect my laptop to my tv using a HDMI cable; the regular dvd played fine with no issues, while the Blu-Ray dvd did not play as per my issue.

Hope this gives you more insights to my dilema.

HP Recommended

I went back to the control panel - hardware - device manager - display adapters.

And noticed that there were 2 items listed : an INTEL and a GeForce.

So i unistalled and deleted the software for the INTEL. Restarted the laptop.

Tried the Blu-Ray again and this time it did work.

Thank-you very much for you help.

HP Recommended

@VMLeonardo

It looks like you were interacting with The_Fossette, but he is out for the day.  I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

I'm glad you were able to get this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😀

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I recently found my HP Zbook G3 is no longer recognized by iTunes as HDCP compliant when I try to play a movie solely on the laptop screen (not trying to connect out on HDMI).  One potential cause of the problem is that I not too long ago set my NVIDIA Quadro 1000M graphics card to be full time rather than use the Intel built-in graphics.  I think I did that in the BIOS/UEFI -- I may look at trying to go back to see if that corrects the problem or not, but I don't think that should be preventing me from running HDCP content anyway.

I did go to the Device Manager and checked for an updated driver for the NVIDIA, but it says I'm up to date there.  I'll look further for other suggestions, but this one was the most helpful one I've seen so far.  It *USED* to work fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.