Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D119AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi

I had purchased my HP Laptop 15s-fq2000 about a year ago and recently I have been facing a flickering screen problem.

Regardless of what I am doing on the laptop, watching a movie, using MS. Word or simply browsing the internet my laptop suddenly freezes with a black screen and white square shaped pixelated dots appear or sometimes its like this shown in the pic. It also makes a weird noise to and is stuck in this state until unless I power it off from the power button.

Kindly, someone let me know why this happens.

P.S. I am not the tech savvy so please use layman language when explaining the tech stuff 😁

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-26 at 9.30.26 PM.jpeg

IMG_20200703_122123.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Hyaa,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing screen issues with your HP Laptop 15s-fq2000.

I suggest that you check if the issue occurs on the BIOS screen by following the steps below.
1. Turn off the computer, press the power button, and then repeatedly press the Esc key until the Startup Menu opens. 
2. Press F10 to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
3. Check if the screen issue persists. If the issue persists, then it is a hardware issue with the screen.

You may also refer to the HP document from this link: https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/ish_3900499-3190557-16

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have tried what you suggested and the issue doesn't occur in BIOS screen. 

Can you suggest me other ways to find out what the problem is?

Take care!

HP Recommended

Hi @Hyaa,

You may update the BIOS by following the steps from this document. (Click on the word document to open the web page).

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a great day ahead! 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I already did the BIOS update before posting my original query. The flickering happened after the BIOS update. The image you see with red lines is after BIOS update. Not immediately after but like after 1-2 days.

HP Recommended

Hi @Hyaa,

Please follow steps listed below to perform a BIOS defaults.

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F10 once for BIOS. 
4) Press F9 for BIOS defaults. 
5) Press F10 to save and exit.   
You may also refer to this document

Let me know if this helps.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I've done this. Let wait and see if the flickering screen happens again.

Also, can you help on one more thing. My laptop's base sometimes is very heated after using my laptop. I mainly just use it to watch lectures and use excel or word so I don't think it should get this heated.

I have run HP diagnostics tests with respect to cooling fan and they all came back clear.

Can you suggest ways I can identify what heats my laptop up.

HP Recommended

Hi @Hyaa,

For the notebook heating issue I suggest that you follow the steps from this document to resolve this issue. (Click on the word document to open the web page).

I hope this helps.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.