Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-ds0011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a problem that has existed on my pc for several months now to the point where i had to buy a usb wired mouse as the touchpad has been completely unresponsive. i bought a new computer, but now would like to give this one to my parents, however i need the touchpad to work because it's ridiculous for a computer that is this new to not have its touchpad working.

To start: 

-The option "Synaptics TouchPad" can be seen in my windows start tab, but when clicking it, it says: "this application is not the correct one for your system. If you were to install this application manually from the windows store, it would not work. etc."

-When i go to the mouse settings and click additional settings, there is no "synaptics touchpad" tab, and the hardware tab only shows the usb mouse i have plugged in, nothing about the touchpad

-When i go to device manger and click the tab "mice and other pointing devices", only the usb mouse is visible. ADDITIONALLY, there is an error seen under the Human Interface Devices tab for "I2C HID Device" in which trying to troubleshoot it, tells me to restart the computer, however when i do it does not fix the error and this may not even apply to the touchpad

-When going to the HP driver website (my laptop windows version is 64 bit Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) i have tried downloading all of the "Synaptics Precision Touchpad Filter Drivers" just for them to say when i try to install "the driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.19043).

-Lastly, this PC has had a full reset from the settings tab in which i had ALL data and files wiped clean just a few days ago in order to fix this problem and the touchpad driver is still missing and the touchpad does not register touch whatsoever.

Please help me with this problem, it is so frustrating and is leading me to believe HP laptops are not all worth the money i have been paying for them. I need to have this touchpad working again.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@jessie61

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing a system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately i have already tried a full system restore about a week ago, even without backing up files, and it still did not fix the problem or put the original touchpad driver back into my devices and the touchpad still does not register touch.

HP Recommended

I am facing the same problem from last couple of months, and trying to get it sorted from various forums, but of no use.

HP Customer support are telling that your laptop is out of warranty and we can't do anything. Not sure, how many people are having similar issues and still struggling to get it solved.

HP Recommended

@jessie61

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the Touchpad and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi HP Community Team,

I think you also understand it’s actually not a hardware issue, and people whose laptop has crossed the warranty period should actually pay for the bug, created by HP. This is really pathetic and I think people should avoid purchasing HP laptops.

Thanka

Rohit Kumar

HP Recommended

@rajabit111

I can see how that would be difficult. I would suggest performing a system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately i have to agree. i know for a fact that i did nothing on my end that prompted for my touchpad to be rendered completely useless as my laptop was always used lightly and with caution and care. It's also frustrating that NONE of the touchpad drivers on the HP site available for download are compatible with my PC (WHICH IS FROM HP!) as it would make sense to me that downloading the missing driver would be the simplest solution. The touchpad driver disappearance and issue may have even resulted FROM one of HP's system updates, which is messed up. And as stated before, i already did a full system reset even without retaining personal files and it did not solve the problem, and no one seems to want to help me now that my still new computer is conveniently out of warranty once they bugged my touchpad. 

HP Recommended

That's correct @Jessie61, I have been trying to fix this issue from last 3 months, and it's really frustrating as well as annoying. Customer care people simply says, it's out of warranty and nothing can be done. Not sure, what's the solution HP has for me?

HP Recommended

@jessie61 @rajabit111

This could be happening due to corrupted drivers, as you've mentioned performing a factory reset didn't fix the issue. 

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.