Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Unknown

I have the very same issue, was on with HP support today for a few hours, they tried many things. Appears to be an internally known issue that HPs Synaptics touchpad HW and/ Drivers are problematic. I have 3 Mac Powerbooks and never gave it a moments consideration when i bought the X360 that i would have something so basic as a touchpad not be able to work.

I have as well found the following;

I am a two handed trackpad user. i usually move the cursor with right hand and use my left hand thumb for clicking. the touch area that works is very very small and in the bottom bottom left corner, anywhere outside this 1/4" area and it stops working and experiences issues like selection (where you select something with left click and want to move it - folder, file, window slider, etc) dragging, while the cursor is moving, the "selection" of the item  has been dropped.

The left click/selection area is also very very small and limited, given the space/area of the pad itself.

Through all of the attempts to correct, I no longer have the Synaptics configure tab on the mouse properties and was told today by HP support, after they failed to get that back, that i would have to do a system reset and go back to a "new " image - thus losing any and all applications that i have installed, and any user settings and user files , reinvest hours installing SolidWorks, Office, browsers, other productivity apps. Sad thing, this computer is brand new.......

Beware of this machine and do not buy it until it is confirmed as fixed, $1500 down the drain as a standalone mouse is not what i want in a laptop, nor can i use one on a plane with a 15" machine as it takes up the whole tray width.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @legendcars

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.