Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Pro x360 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI guys, i need a solution to my laptop.

i ordered my laptop in November which makes it not up to 3months with me. The issue here is that i accidentally spilled liquid on the laptop keyboard and i immediately turned the upside down so that the liquid could come off but I noticed that it had already spread to the screen. i don't know what to do  as the shift key is becoming sticky but the laptop still works fine with no issues except for the sticky keyboard and the liquid mark on the screen.

Any solution provided would be helpful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For the long term, It will need to be cleaned.

A liquid, especially one containing sugar can be quite lethal to a notebook or desktop PC.

I highly recommend that you do not use the notebook until it is repaired.

Contact HP for warranty service.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

For the long term, It will need to be cleaned.

A liquid, especially one containing sugar can be quite lethal to a notebook or desktop PC.

I highly recommend that you do not use the notebook until it is repaired.

Contact HP for warranty service.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

PeterOgbonna

Here are some tips you can follow in the interim until you take your laptop in to be cleaned:  http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/you-just-spilled-water-or-coffee-on-your-laptop-heres-what-you-should-d...

The cleaning is necessary because the liquid can seep down into the internals and if not removed, cause serious damage.

Not turning it on is important because that can cause shorts in the internal, and that will destroy the laptop.

Here is information about HP Service Centers where you can contact to see about getting the laptop serviced:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

How many have had diagnosis of Liquid Damage from Jersonville, In. HP Repair Center?

HP Recommended

@orabbitt wrote:

How many have had diagnosis of Liquid Damage from Jersonville, In. HP Repair Center?

I doubt that you or I as consumers could get statistics on customer induced damage (specifically liquid damage) from an HP Service Center.  

Most people are wise enough to realize that liquids and battery-powered electronics do not play well together. There are warranty packages that HP sells that will even repair just about any type of customer induced damage.

HP Recommended

After reading many posts in this Forum. It just seems so strange that there is a very high volume of reported Liquid/Water Damage diagnosis from the HP Services Centers. I would really like an investigation done on the volume of these incidence from Jeffersonville, In. location. The Case Manager's can only go by what's mentioned by the Repair Facility and Pictures they receive. I have evidence that tests were run and passed. The pictures that the Case Manager sent aren't even pictures of my laptop. So what happened to my laptop? They poured soda down the display on the side where the power connector is located. So now it won't even come on. Warranty is voided and by refusing their repair for a reduced fee, I have a big paperweight.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.