Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 16
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Pavilion Gaming 16 with NVidia RTX 2060 Max Q. The official specs says, SuperSpeed Type-C 5Gbps, DisplayPort 1.4. Which max. resolution/frame rate it supports then, and what do I need for it?

DisplayPort 1.4 means, 4K/60Hz should be possible. I've connected it to a 32" monitor via Type-C/Type-C cable and I've got 4K/30Hz only. Is it the real maximum, or should I buy Type-C/DisplayPort cable certified for 4K/60Hz (and lose USB functionality then)?

Is it able to output 5K/60Hz? 8K/30Hz? Both values are possible for DP 1.4.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I've reached the HP customer support. They claim, 4K/60Hz is supported via Type-C. But they totally failed to tell me the max. supported resolution, meaning their answer costs nothing.

Their suggestion was to buy a "proper" Type-C cable from a HP dealer that does not have Type-C cables in their shop 🙂

Such kind of support is quite disappointing 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.