Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-au123cl 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to totally re-install the HD Compliant Touch Screen Driver for my laptop, HP Pavilion - 15-au123cl 65XX

The Bios as far as I know is not a problem. This is the second time this has happened after a Windows Update, yet I cannot find the corresponding Windows Update that caused this and roll it back. HP does not seem to have this driver to download on the website. May I ask where if not there can I find it for download? I would have thought like any driver it could be re-installed.  Any help would be appreciated. The re-install driver instructions that should have been there, weren't and instead it was totally deleted.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@TJ128

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi: 

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the HP Support Assistant, which I did already have installed, then checked for updates and unfortunately, there were no updates at all. As it is a missing driver, I am very surprised it did not detect this. This is the second time this has happened. 

HP Recommended

@TJ128

Please run an SFC Scan and check if that helps. Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

If the issue persists create a new User Account and check if you face the same issue

Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The scans came back OK, was wondering how creating another Microsoft account would help with the installation of the missing driver? Does it check for that? Thanks.

HP Recommended

@TJ128,

The touchscreen uses the Windows built-in drivers, so create a new user account will help will diagnose the issue further.

Please follow the steps suggested in the article and create a new user account and check.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found an alternate solution via google which worked, but I appreciate your efforts in trying to help me. I understand one thing about HP, not all the drivers for your computer are listed under drivers, nor are the missing drivers found on their software that is supposed to. I find it still hard to believe that if a consumer has a computer and has a missing driver that they cannot download it somewhere. But I did find a way around it from a forum that was not HP regrettably.  Thanks for all your efforts.

HP Recommended

@TJ128,

I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

May I ask where you found your solution... I have the same problem?

HP Recommended

Sure, no problem, would be glad to help. Here is the direct link. The solution that worked for me is the third post from the bottom, from a poster named Lucidpage. It is the only thing that worked for me, I was about to give up.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/707363/hid-compliant-touchscreen-missing-from-device-manag...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.