Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Spectre x360 will not detect my monitor when i pressed detect in display settings. My computer has all the updates installed and all the drivers updated too. I am using a usb-c hub and connecting the monitor via HDMI. Please help!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@cao2800 Thanks for sharing your concern with the HP Community,

here's what I'll need, so I may be able to provide an accurate solution:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: click here (13-Ac0XX = not complete)

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.)

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

To thank me for my efforts to help you,

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My product number is 5ES85EA. I was never able to get it to work on any of my screens at home.

HP Recommended

@cao2800 I appreciate the details, that said, here's the list of USB Type-C port and it's support features:

• 2 Thunderbolt™ 3 (Data Transfer up to 40 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge);
  • 1 USB Type-C™ 3.1 Gen 1 (Data up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DP 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 

USB Type-C video modes (Alternate mode): USB Type-C ports support adapters that can output different types of video such as HDMI, VGA, and DisplayPort, all from one USB Type-C port on your computer or device.

For details on ALT Mode: click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a usb - c hub that supports HDMI. How do i fixx the problem of my laptop not detecting any monitors or displays?

HP Recommended

@cao2800 What hub are you referring to? If its a port replicator or non powered hub, I must let you know that HP does not support or recommend using it, and you may want to switch to a regular USB to HDMI converter or an externally powered USB hub, so you can use the port.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

so i just got usb-c to hdmi adapter and my laptop still wont detect the monitor.

HP Recommended

@cao2800 Could you check if the same USB-c to HDMI converter works with an alternate device? to confirm if this is an issue with the USB port or the adapter/converter?
keep me posted and good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes the USB-c to HDMI converter works with another device. 

HP Recommended

@cao2800 In that case, this is either a USB-c failure or a compatibility issue and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.